Specialized Hydraulics & Energy Investigations
Our work often takes us into a number of interesting directions in dealing with complex problems and the challenges of the water-energy nexus.
Below are listed a number of services that we offer in this context, noting that there are many special and unique situations that we will consider beyond this list.
- High-level advisory services on fluid system design and performance, including pipelines, pump stations, intakes, reservoirs and hydroelectric installations
- Conceptual and preliminary hydraulic system design and feasibility studies
- Pump performance and efficiency testing
- Water system leak detection analysis and water loss modelling
- Water quality modelling and analysis
- Hydraulic forensic investigations and reviews
- Pre-feasibility design and review of complex water and hydroelectric systems
- Energy management and pump or turbine scheduling for the purpose of minimizing pumping costs
- System curve hydraulic investigations
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling of open channel flows/applications
- Infiltration and inflow analysis and modelling
- Industry specific customized hydraulic and energy research
- Specialty hydraulic courses, training, and seminars